Care For Your Boynton Beach, FL Home's Power With Electrical Panel Upgrade Service
Your home's electrical panel is vital to its operation. The energy comes in from the power grid, hits the panel, and is then distributed throughout your home, providing all the power necessary to keep all these wonderful modern conveniences we enjoy running as they should. So when there's something wrong with it, it can affect almost every aspect of your home life. Fixing it yourself carries an enhanced risk given the voltages at play. That's why when you need electrical panel repair or replacement, you are better off trusting the work of the experts at SunCoast Home Solutions.
Whether it's time to upgrade your power with an electrical panel replacement or you need a quick fix, SunCoast has you covered. Call 561-903-7700 today!
Electrical Panel FAQs
The cost of replacing an existing electrical panel can vary widely depending on factors such as the size of the panel, the complexity of the installation, local labor rates, and any additional electrical work required. On average, homeowners can expect to pay between $1,000 to $3,000 for a panel replacement. However, for larger homes or more extensive electrical systems, the cost can range from $2,500 to $5,000 or more. It's crucial to consult with a licensed electrician who can assess your specific needs and provide an accurate estimate based on your electrical panel requirements and local regulations.
You should consider upgrading your home electrical panel in several situations. If your current panel is outdated and cannot handle the electrical demands of modern appliances and devices, it may be time for an upgrade. Signs such as frequent circuit breaker trips, flickering lights, or overheating panels are indications of an overloaded system. Additionally, if you plan to add new appliances, renovate your home, or install solar panels, an upgrade may be necessary to accommodate the increased electrical load. Consulting with a licensed electrician can help determine if your electrical panel needs upgrading based on your specific needs and the condition of your existing system.
What Are Signs Your Electrical Panel Needs Repair Or Replacement?
The good news is, electrical panel problems shouldn't crop up out of nowhere. There are lots of things you can watch for to determine when there's an issue, such as:
- You're Always Flipping Breakers - Breakers can trip. That's why they exist. You go to the panel, flip it over and back, and everything is good again. But if you find yourself having to do that all the time on one particular breaker, either the breaker itself needs to be replaced (no simple task) or the entire panel could have a problem.
- Your Panel Is Old (Or Has Fuses!) - These days, your car works on fuses - not your home. If your electrical system is still using fuses, then it is outdated and shouldn't be trusted with handling today's electrical needs. Likewise, if your panel is several decades old, it could run the risk of just wearing out, which will impair function and pose a fire risk.
- You Don't Have Enough Amperage - Quick, do you know how many amps a modern home should have? Probably not, and that's ok - that's why we're here. With all of today's technology, a home should have somewhere around 200 amps minimum, so if you don't, you need to get it.
- It Smells Like Something's Cooking - Any kind of burning smell around an electrical panel is a bad sign. Something - a wire, the covering, part of the wall behind it - is heating up too much, and this presents a huge fire hazard.
- It's A Little Too Hot To Trot - Is your panel too hot to touch? This is almost a literal red flag. Any type of buildup of heat is a major problem that needs to be addressed immediately.
- Melted, Burned Or Discolored Wires Or Outlets - If you see black marks on your outlets, or see wiring that is clearly starting to melt, then your electrical panel isn't modulating the flow of power the way it should. The excess power will damage your electrical system and could impact your devices as well.
- Buzz, Buzz, Buzz - Your electrical panel shouldn't be making noise. If it sounds like a bee colony is living inside of it, get it checked out immediately.
Avoid A Shocking Surprise With SunCoast
Sure, there are a lot of D.I.Y. websites out there showing you how to replace breakers or change out your electrical panel. Frankly, we think they're irresponsible. Working with electricity carries a lot of risks and should only be done by licensed, highly-trained professionals. It's easy to think we say that just to keep ourselves in business - but we're really saying it because we care about your safety. If your electrical panel needs repair or replacement, send us a message online or call 561-903-7700 today!